The Greek keftedakia.
I visited my village in North Greece twice last summer. Sometimes I ask my grandmother to show me her recipes so I can film them. I feel very passionately that I must save all of my family’s recipes to carry on our cooking heritage even when loved ones pass on… This time she was a bit tired and grumpy, so I tried to assist as much as I could.
-Half a kilo of ground beef
-fresh tomato juice from 1 large tomato (or 4 tablespoons of ready-made tomato sauce)
– 50 grams of parsley
– 1 large onion, finely diced
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 2 eggs
– 2 large slices of bread from a high-quality loaf (soaked shortly in water until soft then squeeze with your hands until you drain the water)
– Half a teaspoon of salt (consider to add salt following your taste)
– Half a teaspoon of baking soda
– 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
-5 tablespoons of olive oil
Serve with a traditional Greek salad and fries! Kali orexi!
by Anna Tzogia
tel: +30 2114038083
Cell: +30 697 9110 469