Greek-style shrimp pasta!
This traditional Greek dish bursts flavor! The sweetness of tomato sauce combined with salty fish is just a magical combination! Topped with creamy feta, this dish is certainly a staple of Greek cuisine. It’s fresh ingredients make it a light and clean meal that can be further enriched with a glass of white wine! Enjoy!
- 700 grams of shelled shrimp
- 1.5 red onion – finely chopped
- 2 red bell pepper – diced
- 1 red chili – finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves – grated or finely chopped
- 250ml tomatoe sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500 grams of spaghetti
- Olive oil
- Remove the heads and shell of the shrimp and set aside. Rinse the shrimp flesh and set aside.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large pot and when hot, add the shrimp heads and shells.
- When the shrimp heads and shells have started to turn a light pink color, add half of the diced the onion, half of the diced red bell pepper, chili, 2 garlic cloves, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and leave to simmer.
- When the vegetables are cooked, blend and strain.
- In a separate pot, cook the spaghetti.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the remaining onion, red pepper, garlic and cook until soft. Add the shrimp and fry until light pink.
- Add the strained sauce to the shrimp as well as the spaghetti, and mix well.
- Serve with a sprinkle of crumbled feta and a drizzle of olive oil.