Greek rice pudding!
The greatness of a dish is in it’s simplicity! It may not be so rare to see legumes used in a dessert, but this dish is unique due to it’s perfect balance of lightness and flavor! There was always a bowl of it in my grandmother’s fridge and so here I share with you the recipe that she passed down to me. Here is her famous rice pudding:
- 1.5 liters of milk
- 100g of Karolina rice
- 160ml of hot water
- 80g sugar
- 2 tablespoons of custard powder
- Boil the milk on medium-high heat.
- Add the hot water and rice, then boil until the rice is cooked (it should be a smooth and creamy texture).
- Briefly remove from the heat and add the sugar and custard powder whilst continuously stirring.
- Place back on the heat for a couple of minutes and continue stirring until creamy.
- Split the portion into four bowls and lightly dust with powdered cinnamon.
This recipe can be enjoyed hot in winter or cold in summer!