Roast Lamb Greek style!
This is one of my grandmother’s recipes that I have never come across anywhere else in my life. It is a simple all-time classic recipe that you can prepare for Christmas or any other time of the year. I always remember her cooking this at family gatherings. She never troubled herself with measuring exact quantities, she just said that you add this and that, judging the amounts by eye.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 2 kilos lamb, front leg ideally
- 1 cup rice
- spring onions – small bunch
- dill – handful
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Place the lamb in a roasting tray, add salt and pepper, and cover with a lid or
- Cook for 70 minutes at 180C.
- Remove from oven and check that the lamb is tender.
- Add the chopped spring onions, cover and place back in the oven for another
- Then add the rice and 3 cups of hot water or chicken stock.
- Remove lid or foil and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Sprinkle the dill on top and serve.