Lemon chicken and potatoes!
Lemon chicken and potatoes in the oven is a simple yet tasty dish. A one-pan meal roasted to golden brown perfection! The cooking time will depend on the cuts of chicken you use, in Greece they traditionally use the thighs/legs as they are known for their tender, juicy meat and their ability to crisp up beautifully on the outside!
If you are a big fan of that sour lemon flavor, just add more lemon juice!
Let us know your favorite version of this recipe!
(Serves 4-6 people)
6 ‘skin-on’ chicken thighs/legs (or your preferred cuts)
1 kg of potatoes
Lemon juice from 1-2 lemons
Lemon zest (1 teaspoon approx)
Lemon wedges for garnish
Dried oregano (1 teaspoon approx)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a generous dose of olive oil (approximately half a cup), the lemon juice, lemon zest, dried oregano and salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken and potatoes to the bowl and toss well to thoroughly coat with the marinade.
- Drizzle a large, deep sheet pan with olive oil and arrange the chicken and potatoes so as to cook evenly. Drizzle the remaining marinade on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until tender (for chicken thighs/legs! Adjust the time for other cuts!).
- Serve with lemon wedges and an extra drizzle of that wonderful Greek olive oil!
Leave A Reply